Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    01.15.2024 Pacific Ocean Sea Day 5/5

    January 15, North Pacific Ocean ⋅ 🌙 72 °F

    Today is our final sea day as we will reach Honolulu tomorrow. A beautiful day with a high of 75.
    After breakfast we both attended “Aloha, the story of Hawaii as told by a shirt..” Guest lecturer Russell Lee is an amazing story teller.
    We both decided to take the rest of the day off and have a pool day. We are at the infinity pool that overlooks the ship’s wake. Not a chair hog in sight.
    Myron changed his mind and went to Choir practice and to the 4:30 lecture. Diana got caught up on her photo book, showered and headed to the Explorer Lounge. It is a two deck area at the very front of the ship with floor to ceiling windows. A great place to watch the world go by. I’ve included a few pictures.

    I know it looks like no one is on the ship but really Viking has so many niches for people to gather and spend time. And the reason they have all these wonderful places is because they don’t have to use space for photo galleries or casinos or separate libraries. See the books in the bookcases? Viking has lots of such cases throughout the ship for folks to borrow the books to read while on board. Every thing from historical novels to mysteries and romance. Some fiction and others non fiction.
    There is also plenty of art throughout the ship as well. It is not for sale but there are QR codes and you can download the audio commentary that accompanies the art pictures. It’s like going to a museum without going. Evelyn, you would love it.
    Enjoyed sunset and dinner with Harley and Priscilla and Dave and Sue. Must’ve been fun as we closed down the restaurant.
    Read more