Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10–11

    01.16.2024 Honolulu, Hawaii Day 1/2

    January 16 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 73 °F

    Land Ho! We arrived in Honolulu about midnight. High of 78 today with a chance of rain after 6 tonight. Windy but sunny today.
    We do not have a Viking excursion but we have a loose game plan.
    We took the shuttle to Waikiki that was provided by Viking. Did a walk through the oldest hotel in Honolulu the Royal Hawaiian.
    Our next stop was the Punchbowl National Cemetery.
    The National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific (informally known as Punchbowl Cemetery) is a national cemetery located at Punchbowl Crater in Honolulu, Hawaii. It serves as a memorial to honor those men and women who served in the United States Armed Forces, and those who have been killed in doing so. There are over 28,000 buried on the 116 acres.
    From there we had lunch at the MonkeyPod. Mahi-mahi fish tacos. Delicious!
    Diana needed to find something to use for a birthday invitation for Myron’s 70th and then we went to the House Without A Key for their famous mai-tais. Ernest Hemingway also spent a lot of time here.
    We returned to the ship for dinner and retired early to our cabin.
    Read more