Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    02.01.2024 Bay of Islands New Zealand

    February 1 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 63 °F

    Welcome to February and to the Bay of Islands, New Zealand.
    Per the web:
    The Bay of Islands is a New Zealand enclave encompassing more than 140 subtropical islands next to the country's North Island. It’s known for its undeveloped beaches, big-game fishing and Maori cultural artefacts. It's also home to the 19th-century whaling port of Russell, whose waterfront promenade is lined with remnants from its days as the country’s first colonial capital.
    Today is a slight breeze and a high of 81.
    Our Viking excursion today is:
    Enjoy scenic cruising around the Bay of Islands during this relaxing excursion across the seas. Meet your friendly crew as you climb on board your flat-bottom vessel, then sit back, relax and soak up the views as you navigate the calm waters of the Bay of Islands. Savor a delicious New Zealand–inspired menu with a selection of meat and side dishes, accompanied by refreshments. Your boat will cruise toward Okiato, with views of the picturesque Omata Estate vineyard and Kororareka Oyster Farm along the way. Stop to explore the quaint town of Russell; despite the beautiful setting it enjoys today, it was once dubbed “unsavory” by the whalers, traders and sealers who frequented here.
    What fun we had. Our boat captain Darryl who made us wear disguises as we went around and introduced ourselves so that is the reason for the funny picture.
    What pretty islands.
    Dinner was in Manifredi’s tonight with Vicki and Randy. The spaghetti with bolognese was delicious.
    Captured a beautiful sunset.
    Read more