Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 32

    02.07.2024 Wellington, New Zealand

    7 de fevereiro, Nova Zelândia ⋅ 🌬 63 °F

    We docked in Wellington at 9:00 am.

    Wellington, the capital of New Zealand, sits near the North Island’s southernmost point on the Cook Strait. A compact city, it encompasses a waterfront promenade, sandy beaches, a working harbour and colourful timber houses on surrounding hills. From Lambton Quay, the iconic red Wellington Cable Car heads to the Wellington Botanic Gardens. Strong winds through the Cook Strait give it the nickname "Windy Wellington."

    Wellington lived up to its name as it was very windy today. Still warm sunshine and 76 degrees. Still living in shorts and t-shirts.

    We got a late start as Diana didn’t feel well to start the day.
    We were still off the ship around 10:30 and caught the free shuttle into town, walked about 5 blocks and caught the cable car to the top of the city. We walked down through the botanical gardens which were lovely and continued on through the cemetery. Spent the last of our New Zealand dollars on a few souvenirs.

    Tonight we have dinner in Manfredi’s the Italian restaurant with Randy, Vicki, Paul and Donna. She ch a fun group and tonight’s special pasta was lasagna. Delicious.
    A beautiful sunset as we sail Cook Strait which is between north and south New Zealand. The infamous Aotearoa , long white cloud in Maori.
    Leia mais