Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 69

    03.16.2024 Singapore, Singapore Day 2/3

    March 15 in Singapore ⋅ ☁️ 82 °F

    Tom, Tammy, Myron and Diana are ready for another great day in Singapore.
    Following breakfast, we clear immigration and again hop on the MRT.
    The MRT is a very clean, fast way to maneuver around the city. Well thought out with great signage.
    Our first stop of the day was the Sultan Mosque.
    Sultan Mosque or Masjid Sultan is a mosque located at Muscat Street and North Bridge Road within the Kampong Glam precinct of the district of Rochor in Singapore. It was named after Sultan Hussain Shah. The mosque was inaugurated on 27 December 1936. In 1975, it was designated a national monument. It holds 5000 worshipers.
    We then went to the Raffles Hotel home of the Singapore Sling where of course we had to try one.
    We then hopped back on the MRT to Gardens By The Bay. We visited the Cloud Forest, the Flower Dome and finally decided to have a late lunch at the Shake Shack.
    We wandered over to the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. Oh my, huge three separate towers all together by a surf board type top.
    There were high end shops on every level. After a few beers we returned to the Gardens By The Bay to see the super trees lit up. It was put to music which I guess changes every so often. Tonight was opera arias. Amazing.
    We retraced our steps back to the ship and are ready for bed.
    We have one more day tomorrow with all aboard at 1:00 pm.
    Read more