Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 70

    03.17.2024 Singapore, Singapore Day 3/3

    March 16 in Singapore ⋅ ☁️ 84 °F

    Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Our final day in Singapore.
    The four of us met up on the Living Room and walked off the ship about 9:15 this morning. We hop on the MRT and head to see Merlion.
    The Merlion is the official mascot of Singapore. It is depicted as a mythical creature with the head of a lion and the body of a fish. Being of prominent symbolic nature to Singapore and Singaporeans in general, it is widely used to represent both the city state and its people.
    We saw many bronze sculptures along the waterfront.
    We did a brief walk through the historic Fullerton Hotel that was the central post office from 1929 to 1996.
    The picture of the cake is what I told Myron he could buy me for our anniversary. (we met 28 years ago). It’s only $108.
    We headed back to the ship but we had to turn in our MRT Tourist cards to get $20 back. So we went to one of the many malls that are in Singapore. Diana spent it on a pair of linen pants.
    We returned to the ship and set sail for Malaysia about 3: 00 pm.
    This afternoon we listened to some Irish music in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. Myron, since he is part of the choir were all asked to sing “What Do You Do With A Drunken Sailor”. Fun afternoon. 🍀
    Dinner tonight at the Chef Table with Tom, Tammy, Larry and Lucy. We had an amazing meal and great company.
    Of to bed as tomorrow is another full day.
    Read more