Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 75

    03.21.2024 Phuket, Thailand

    March 21 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 79 °F

    Phuket, a rainforested, mountainous island in the Andaman Sea, has some of Thailand’s most popular beaches, mainly situated along the clear waters of the western shore. The island is home to many high-end seaside resorts, spas and restaurants. Phuket City, the capital, has old shophouses and busy markets. Patong, the main resort town, has many nightclubs, bars and discos.
    It is very hot today 93 with a real feel of 100 so our optional excursion was perfect. It took us to one of the most popular beaches. We took a 20 minute speedboat ride departing from Chalong Bay to spend the day at Koh Hey Island and Kahung Beach also known as Coral Island. We snorkeled, played in the water and just sat on the beach to absorb its beauty. Pictures of the snorkel will be posted later.
    We were served a Thai inspired lunch.
    An idyllic day.
    Look at the size of the jelly fish that were hanging around our ship today.
    This black-tailed cockatoo hung out with us today at the beach too.
    We had dinner tonight at Manfredi’s celebrating Mark’s 72nd birthday. Manfredi’s the Italian restaurant has a private dining room that seats 12. They just introduced a new menu. Lasagna was excellent. A lot of fun.
    Myron has a cold so we call it a night.
    Sea day tomorrow!
    Read more