Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 76

    03.22.2024 Bay of Bengal Day1/2

    March 22, Bay of Bengal ⋅ ⛅ 81 °F

    A much needed sea day after 7 ports in a row. Know wonder we were tired last night. Clocks back another hour last night so we did get a little more sleep.
    Lectures, photo books and haircuts are on the agenda for today.
    Today was a first for us. Since Myron has a cold or sinus infection and Fiana had 8 days of photo book catch up. We decided to watch the lectures in our cabin. They are always shown live and then can be viewed later as well.
    First at 9:30 is Guest Lecture with Russell Lee: "The Great
    Tea Theft."
    Steep yourself in the true tale of the 1848 British spy who went to Asia to steal the secret of tea.
    11:00 is with Viking Resident Historian Iconic Lecture with Dr. Bryan Babcock: "How the Spice Trade Changed the World."
    Consider spices and aromatics as global trade's first commodities and their continuing legacies today.
    Dr Babcock just joined us in Singapore as Dr Cribbs disembarked, so first time listening to him today.
    Diana had a hair appointment at 5;40 followed by dinner. We returned to our cabin for an early evening staying in.
    We turn our clocks back 1/2 hour tonight. Now that’s an odd time but we need to get synced with Colombo, Sri Lanka, our next port in a few days.
    Read more