Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 94

    04.09.2024 Indian Ocean Sea Day

    9 aprile, Indian Ocean ⋅ 🌙 79 °F

    After leaving Port Elizabeth last night we continued our journey south off the coast of Africa. We had some extreme wind around 5:00 this morning. Per Captain Richard it was 80 mph and he said thankfully it didn’t last long. It will remain windy today with rough seas.
    Following breakfast, we met with guest services to adjust some excursions.
    At 10:00 Diana attended a macramé class. Wow! That’s a step back into the 70’s where everyone had macraméd plant hangers.
    Myron attended the 11:00 am lecture with Guest Lecture with Dr. Sheila K. Hoffman: “South Africa and the Global Origins of Art."
    Delve into prehistory to find the oldest works of art ever created.
    Diana did a little packing and organizing.
    Following lunch Diana found a comfy lounger watching the world go by. Myron had choir practice at 2:00.
    We played Pinochle where Myron continues to dominate. (Diana can’t buy a hand at this point.)
    We met up with fellow cruisers for cocktails and headed for dinner.
    Dessert was cheesecake for Diana and fresh strawberries with cantaloupe ice cream for Myron.
    We called it an early night and watch some of the lectures we missed while we were in India.
    Leggi altro