Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 103

    04.18.2024 N. Atlantic Ocean 5/7

    18 kwietnia, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ☁️ 82 °F

    Hot and muggy weather again today. We are sailing parallel to the Ivory Coast of Africa.
    After breakfast we attended the 9:30 lecture with Guest Lecture Dr. Tony Waltham: “ Volcanoes that Collapse."
    See how the explosive varieties of andesitic volcanoes produce violent eruptions of pyroclastic flows.
    We followed this up with Guest Lecture with Mr. Russell Lee: "The Sweet Story of Rum."
    Toast the drink that began as industrial waste and ultimately drove the development of the New World.
    Tony and Russell have a friendly banter going on regarding Tony’s lectures being scientific and Russell’s being pure rubbish. It’s fun to listen to them poke fun at each other.
    At 2:30 we tried our hand at Travel Trivia with Resident Historian Dr.
    Bryan Babcock
    Challenge your mind and explore the globe. Test your knowledge of curious facts, global geography, and world history.
    We played with Dave, Cynthia, Andy and Jane. We tied with another team for for first place after three tie breaker questions. So fun!
    Dinner tonight was at the Chef’s table with Randy and Vicki. California Cuisine.
    Sweet potato chip, crab cake, Moscow mule granita, halibut and flan for dessert. All paired with lovely white wines and a port for dessert.
    We turned in early tonight.
    Czytaj więcej