Satellite
  • Day 225

    August 7-13

    August 13, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    We've been exploring the area around Silver Creek, the Chehalis Farmer's Market; Cowlitz Falls Dam; harvested blackberries for blackberry margaritas; Taidnapam Park; Kelly's Corner Cafe for breakfast.
    Friday I returned to Portland to attend the Oregon Nikkei Endowment's Annual Banquet. My Uncle Kay was the recipient of the Heart of the Community Award...our family is very proud of his contributions to the Japanese American community. Thanks to my sister Marcia for speaking on behalf of the Endo family.
    http://www.oregonnikkei.org/
    Monday we went to the Cowlitz Salmon Hatchery to watch them sort the returning salmon. We arrived at 7:30, were told they'd be starting late and to return at 10:30....we returned only to be told they'd just finished. 😣
    We checked out Mayfield Resort and Marina where we'd taken water-skiing lessons about 30 years ago and stopped at DeGoede Gardens on the way home.
    Our stay at Paradise Campground has been more like purgatory. Their well can't keep up so the park has been without water for almost three days. Was supposed to be "fixed" by Monday at the latest but wasn't so we departed. Traveled east on hwy 12 for a 10 night stay at Maple Grove Resort in Randle, Washington situated on the banks of the Cowlitz River.
    https://kmresorts.com/maple-grove/
    Read more