Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 207

    June 28-July 26

    July 26, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 91 °F

    We've had a good month. We started off by celebrating Randy's eligibility into Medicare. It was great having us, the kids, Sharon and Larry all together for the first time in six months.
    Our friends Alison & Tom were gracious enough to open their blueberry fields to us not only once but twice. We've frozen at least 25 pounds of berries and have not been lacking in fresh blueberry muffins, crumbles, pies and pancakes. We also u-picked marionberris which were made into a crumble and also frozen for later use.
    We've been enjoying the bounty from Auntie Aki & Uncle Kay's garden. Cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini and basil! I also pick fresh kale, spinich, chard, broccoli greens and beet greens from my in laws garden for our morning smoothies.
    Yesterday we celebrated daughter Kelsie and future dil Kelly's birthdays. 🎂 My sister, Marcia, made two delicious desserts and sourdough focaccia, mil Sharon, contributed a loaded fruit salad to accompany grilled gyros, falafel and crispy smashed potatoes. The day when we can gather together without face masks and six feet of space between us can't come soon enough.
    Randy and I continue to play pickleball three times a week. We've committed to only partnering with each other in order to effectively physically distance from the other players.
    Miss playing with other partners but we sure have improved as a team!
    We're looking forward to pulling up stakes and heading to the north Oregon coast for a couple of weeks later next month.
    Read more