Satellit
  • Tag 123

    April 25-May 3

    3. Mai 2021 in den USA ⋅ ☁️ 57 °F

    It's been a busy nine days. Last Saturday we provisioned, in preparation for our journey north, at Costco before having lunch in Old Town Temecula. Wednesday my cousin Steve & Karlene came up from Palm Desert for lunch. We also found out that my aunt was admitted to the hospital back in Oregon so we decided to forego our visit to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks.
    Saturday we departed Rancho California for a night's stay in Patterson, CA, arriving after more than a 2.5 hr delay on the Grapevine due to an accident.
    My aunt took a turn for the worse on Sunday so we planned on driving all the home... unfortunately she passed away yesterday afternoon so we boondocked in Coburg before continuing to our home base in Boring, OR.
    My Auntie Aki was a remarkable woman, a true giver,
    she cared for her husband, mother and older brother after retiring as the manager of alterations at Nordstrom. I have fond memories of the road trip to Massachusetts that her and Uncle Sam took my grandmother and me on when I was seven. She loved word puzzles, reading and baseball.
    Auntie Aki, you will be missed. ❤️ Thank you cousin Sally for being Auntie's advocate during her final days and for keeping the rest of the family in the loop.
    Thank you Randy for putting in 12 and 14 days behind the wheel to get us home. 💕
    Weiterlesen