Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    March 8-April 10

    April 10 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    It's been a great month. The weather is warming and the desert is in bloom.🌞
    Last month we headed up to Gilbert to play pickleball with our fellow snow birds from Oregon's Hillendale Pickleball Club followed by a pot luck. Thank you Sherry and Kirk for hosting and organizing the event. It was a blast.
    Robson Ranch held the Desert Slam Pickleball Tournament. We volunteered and watched some great matches. The Creative Arts Fair was the same weekend and I was able to purchase some unique items.
    The community had its annual yard sale where I scooped up some great bargains.
    We dined at the area's only food cart pod, the Casa Collective. Good food and a friendly vibe.
    https://www.casacollectiveaz.com/
    Easter weekend I flew home to Portland to celebrate my Uncle Dan's 100th birthday.
    Celebrants came from as far away as New York and Texas to honor him.
    It was good visiting with the family. Thank you Uncle Dan, Sally and Dave for hosting such an awesome party and to the rest of the family for all their help.
    This month we hiked Casa Grande Mountain, bought a bunch of gourds at Wurtz Gourd Farm and participated in Adopt a Highway roadside cleanup. Last night we rocked out at a Doors tribute concert.
    As always we're playing a lot of pickleball, bicycling around the community, walking the surrounding desert and sharing meals and fun times with our friends here at RR.
    Read more