Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    My first salsa lesson

    January 12, 2016 in Brazil ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    So after this mornings breakfast , Mark helped Bias mum to take down the xmas decorations from the outside of the house , they have a huge garden and Ma doesnt hold back on covering the whole lot even a nativity scene in the outside pagoda. Bia and I started to disect the Jaka, this is a fruit that is the size of a 4 month old baby but absolutely stinks. The inside has a glue that holds everything together but literally sticks to everything so after Mark had finished helping I jobbed him off to finish the job of the Jaka. We then headed to Bias home, after 2 mins into the journey Ma Pestana was driving and Bia informed us that she didnt have a licence as we pulled up a side street to avoid the police . We arrived and were greeted by Neylor we looked at her wedding photos and Video. I have never seen such a beautiful wedding album, all the photos are embossed in the pages , a truly beautiful keepsake the house has huge potential and the grounds are massive . It is custom in Brasil that you build your house as your family grows so even though the house is quite small they have a lot of room to grow. We ate ice cream sundaes and it was soon time to leave .... there was dancing to be done !!!!
    As we pulled away from Bias home Ma never saw a car coming and Mark shouted "Santa Maria" Iwe all laughed so hard we were sat there for nearly five minutes .
    We arivved at the centre of the church and all the children were there to meet the "Gringo". They choreograph dance moves and I must say there moves were on key. One of the students asked me to dance and as you know me im game for anything . I absolutely loved it and cant thank Dimitry enough for giving me the opportunity.
    Mark has not been well the past few days (man flu ) so we headed back home to take care of him.
    After dinner i received an email from the company that we booked our Machhu Picchu trek with to say that our group had been unsuccesful in obtaining passe from the government so were unable to go ....WTF...we booked and paid for this in September ! A shitty email was sent and i was so dissapointed that the only thing to do was to go to bed and await my email response in the morning .
    Read more