Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Arriaial De Cabo

    January 23, 2016 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    I haven't written for a few days but we are in the same place and if i'm honest I have taken a little time out to relax and take it all in . This place is really beautiful the beaches are perfect and the atmosphere is very relaxed or should i say it was till yesterday as lots of people started arriving for the weekend.We have actually met someone English which is really unusual in the places we have been , although lots of the people staying in the hostel are keen to practise their English and my Brazilian is improving daily(with the help of sign language) .
    The hostel we are staying at is really clean and comfortable and we are currently sharing a dorm with 4 other people . Mark went out last night with Josh and rolled in at 4am pissed as a fart asking for the DIB DIB (his word for a remote control) to turn the air con down. As you can imagine this went down like a lead balloon and one of the guys asked to be moved.
    Although it is really cheap out here I have decided to do a little cooking and we head to the supermarket to buy the basics. I have really missed doing the normal things like cooking and cleaning , although i did do hand washing yesterday with the 2 buckets of water and the sink with a washing board built in, oh the joys of backpacking. After dinner we sat and played cards and listened to some music, Mark has said he won't be drinking until carnival now? thats 2 weeks away , we will see!!!!
    Read more