Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 63

    Last Surf in Saquarema

    30. januar 2016, Brasilien ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    So today is our last day in Saquarema and it will be a while before I get to hit the waves for a while so we eat breakfast and pack up the bag with our bits and pieces, board under arm we take the 10 minute walk. Today is particularly hot but after the rain yesterday the air does feel cooler. Our first point of call is to the chemist to buy another mosquito spray. They really are a big issue at the moment and even the locals are suffering. Its mad because in most countries they are so small you dont see them , out here theyre like Daddy bloody long legs!!!!
    Down the beach we get some light relief (for some reason they dont like the sea ) and set up our i pod and wireless speaker to listen to some music (still cant quite let go of my music). Out here JUstin bieber is 12and 3 in the charts and the modern music is very similar, even people like blondie and the beatles are still played widely.
    I head out to surf but the waves are really flat today, i suppose noone can control the sea , so after an hour i head back to Mark who is quie happy sat under the brolley with a grande cerveja (big beer). As we sit there a boat comes in with 'the catch' and they fillet the fish of the back of the boat and take them to the restaurant to be cooked, chucking the heads into the water to feed the Albatrosses circling above. However not all heads are eaten and whilst paddling a little later in the day had them floating round my feet. Great the mosquitos and fly are going to love me equally.
    We decide to try the fresh fish in the restaurant , but thinking i ordered the whole fish it came out in a stew, a little dissaponted but it was tasty all the same.
    We spend our last night chilling on the balcony lying in the hammock underneath the stars getting eaten alive, while Zee tells us his story of going to a Cachacha Brewery when he was young back in the 70s and he was wearing platforms and on his way home he lost one of the heels and gave us an impesonation of hobbling along , he said it was the worst night of his life so i will have to take it easy. Perfect!!!
    Læs mere