Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 70

    Travelling Circus

    February 6, 2016 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    So as we bid a sad farewell to Petropolis we say goodbye to some really cool people. Felipe Ray and Andreas to name a few , have made our stay here really perfect, thanks guys. We board the bus and head back down the treachorous hill that seemed a life time to get up, and yet is over quicker than i can blink an eye at, maybe because going up we didnt really get out of 2nd gear although it felt like we were travelling far to fast for the road conditions, although that seems the norm here. On the bus a young guy asks if we need any help and at Rio he takes us to the local bus to catch it to Copacabana. People here really are so helpful.
    Within mins of being on the bus he has run over a ladys suitcase who was waiting for the bus next to us and narrowly missed mowing down an old lady on the pedestrian crossing, having gone through a red light ( Ireally hope this journey wont take long),
    We drop our bags in the hostel and get handed a welcome pack consisting of a masquerade mask confetti and and a whisle. The hostel has a very young crowd and i feel like im on an 18-30 holidy , but if you cant beat them join them. Every night they have entertainment here pub crawls etc but tonight is a bbq so i pay our 30 reals each ( approx 8 quid) and we head upstairs to eat, or so we think . There is only so much meat that can be cooked and as the first tray is put out a French guy literally piles his plate so high that noone else even got a bit of fat we ended up having a bit of a row but you know what the French are like, (well most of them) . Mark went to bed before he lost his temper and i followed shortly after - wish i was back in Petropolis.
    Read more