Satellite
  • Day 1,526

    Retiro to Mexico

    February 1, 2020 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    I've decided to go to Parque de El Retiro. We have a few hours to spare before we head to the airport. The park is filled with stunning architectural monuments and statues. Struggling to find a coffee bar we eventually stumble across one . The lady wasn't open but said the coffee machine would be five minutes before it was ready so we waited while watching the local college practice boat racing on the man made lake. A little further through the park is the Monument to Alfonso, a brilliant arch filled with beautiful carvings. In the park used to be a zoo , with bears and various animals but thankfully was no more. They still have peacocks here . A further walk leads us back towards the Airbnb and a bite of breakfast and collection of suitcases and were waiting for the bus to the airport. When we board the tickets with 10 journeys on isn't valid and we have to pay a furthere 5 euro each.We make it to the Airport well on time and finally on our way again. Long haul flights are like childbirth, painful but we'll worth it at the end. After a long haul we arrive and after what seems like forever the guys pull up.
    It's a really strange thing the connection I have with these adoptive children I meet, but the feeling of joy when I'm reunited with Diana and finally getting to meet Oscar and Violetta is indescribable. After getting picked up we had gone back to Oscars parents to change cars, Oscar was in his dad's car because only cars with a Mexican plate can drive in Mexico city at certain times.
    I'm surprised at the fact they still have a tree up, but Christmas isn't officially over until the 2nd . We briefly meet Oscars gran and mum and then a two hours drive and once we arrive it was straight to bed.
    Read more