Satellite
  • Day 78

    We’re (almost) in Venice!!!

    June 7, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    Miles: 4.01 Steps: 9047
    Flights stairs: 3

    We had a late flight out of Nice today, so spent the morning and early afternoon down on the beach soaking up some sun and swimming. The rock beaches can go, but I’ll keep everything else!

    The colors in the sea were amazing. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen such bright turquoise waters before. So pretty. And I marvel at the sound the surf makes hitting the rock beach vs sand.

    We flew to Venice, Italy and will be here for 3-4 days. We’re staying at “Camping Rialto” - it’s literally a campground right outside of Venice with “mini chalets” or cabins. Even the hostels were out of my price range, so we felt fortunate to fall upon this place. So we’re staying 10 min outside of Venice.

    It’s actually pretty cute place. Just a tiny cabin with two twin beds and a giant shared bathroom/shower facility. There’s a pool that we’ll hopefully check out tomorrow and its in a beautiful area covered in trees and such. It’s right on the bus line so easy to go in and out of the city.

    We got in later so grabbed dinner and got settled in. Can’t wait to head to the actual city tomorrow!! Venice?!! Never thought I’d make it here.
    Read more