Satellite
  • Day 105

    London!

    July 4, 2022 in England ⋅ ⛅ 70 °F

    Miles: 8.1 Steps: 20135
    Flights stairs: 17

    Beautiful day in London today!

    We had a great day seeing many tourist sites. Rode the top level of a classic double decker bus and then went to the London Dungeons. It’s a 90 minute haunted house kind of atmosphere walking you through the gruesome history of London - like 15 “scenes” with actors portraying history live with us as participants. It was very entertaining, scary but I actually learned a lot of the history. Unfortunately no pics allowed so only had the one they sold us in the end.

    Then we headed to Kings Cross station to see platform 9 3/4 from Harry Potter - or what they set it up to be for the tourists. Cute. On the same vein, then went across town to see the Abbey Road crosswalk. Funny to watch everyone try to get pics on an active street without a street light.

    We walked thru Hyde Park, saw Buckingham Palace, Queen Victoria fountain and then strolled thru St James Park. It was very beautiful.

    We eventually hit Admiralty arch, and Trafalgar Square - the direct center of London. Down the street we saw 10 Downing Street, the amazing looking Parliament and of course Big Ben (which was smaller than I imagined). We finished off our day with a ride on the London Eye - takes about 30 minutes to make a full rotation. Each pod holds 25-30 people. Went really high and really cool to see the city from that vantage point.

    Overall, it was a great day seeing the city. London is pretty cool.
    Read more