Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Murren Day 2

    June 1, 2018 in Switzerland ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    Today we went hiking again, because we are hikers now. We caught the cogwheel train and cable car hire down to Lauterbrunnen Valley, where there are 72 waterfalls, and then hiked (walked for those in Australia) to Trummelbach Falls. The hike (walk) was so lovely as it is very rural here. Heaven.
    Trummelbach Falls are in the interior of the mountain and move up to 20,000 litres per second, so it is incredibly noisy in there and pretty impressive. We then hiked (walked) further up the valley to catch a different cable car up and shared it with some of the pilots from earlier in the day who were heading up the mountain again to go base jumping. These guys are crazy stupid.
    Graham is really struggling with the local place names. Youngwhat is actually Jungfraujoch; Stockguard is really Schilthorn; Interlarkenfarken in Interlarken and my favourite - Googlebutton for Lautterbrunnen. Sadly, he is dead serious and when he starts talking to the locals I have to cut him off so he doesn't look like a complete fool. I have a new game where I ask where we are going just to hear what he comes up with but I think he's on to me now.
    Read more