Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1–3

    Sydney Marathon

    September 16, 2023 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 23 °C

    We arrived at a cute little Airbnb Saturday night after driving from Melbourne in the Tesla. Lots of charging stops along the way, combined with food and toilet breaks as well as driver changes made the frequent breaks tolerable.
    Charging breaks:
    ⚡Euroa township, where we looked through the street market. And decent public toilets. Tesla supercharger.
    ⚡Barnawartha North, BP servo Chargefox snack break and toilet stop.
    ⚡Gundagai. Tesla supercharger at Oliver's food. Okay toilets and decent fast food and food smoothies. (Chargefox also located there)
    ⚡Exeter. Tesla supercharger outside a pie shop. Decent coffee and bakery goods, we didn't have a pie and decent in store toilets.
    🛌 The last stop was our destination, North Curl Curl. The Airbnb was a bungalow bed and bathroom in the backyard or a lovely family. Walking distance to Dee Why beach and shops as well as Curl Curl beach. We unpacked and walked to Dee Why for a lovely Indian dinner. The weather was mild which made eating outside enjoyable. Finally it was time for a well earned sleep. 💤
    🏃‍♀️ we were up very early to cheer Eloise on in the Marathon. Amazingly without any phones we ran into Eloise at the starting line. We then went to see her on the Harbor Bridge but didn't manage this. (I think we left to early). Jamie and I walked and drove around central Sydney to see Eloise at a couple of vantage points. Her marathon tracker wasn't all that helpful but fortunately we saw her twice along the track, around 12km and 35 km marks. We then went to the finish line and cheered her home. An amazing first marathon effort on a hot and hilly run. We sat with Eloise after while she was recovering then took her for some much needed food and dropped her back at a friend's house so she could return to Canberra with them.
    🌊 Jamie and I finished the day with a walk along Curl Curl beach and dinner in Dee Why again.
    🌞Monday was leaving day and another beautiful sunny day. We started the day with a walk along the cliffs from Curl Curl to Dee Why. Jamie unfortunately fell as he was climbing from the beach to the rocks. Then a wave came and soaked him. After a good laugh, I realized he wasn't getting up so I gathered myself and went to help. It turns out he was ok but had many cuts to his feet, where he slipped on the rock. We still managed the beautiful walk and finished with a delicious breakfast.
    Read more