Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3–6

    Wentworth Falls

    September 18, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    We arrived in the Blue Mountains for lunch on Monday. After lunch and some grocery shopping in the main street of Wentworth Falls we went to check into the airbnb. It was a rustic cottage in a very peaceful setting. We had a quiet afternoon and a short walk to the track to Empress falls before heading back to the cottage for more r & r. Whilst Jamie tackled some work, I made the most of the outdoor bath.

    Tuesday saw us Charge the car in Lawson at an Evie charging station behind the local shops, then off to Katoomba for a visit to scenic World. We rode the various sky rail and cable cars, walked around the rim near the 3 sisters and took a walk at the bottom in a temperate rainforest. It was all stunning. On the way home we stopped in Leura, a very pretty town and then drove to Sublime point lookout to watch the sun set behind the 3 sisters. Photos did not do justice to the beauty of the sunset.

    Wednesday we walked down to Empress falls then ate lunch at the cafe at the top on our return. A very delicious meal. We drove to Blackheart to see The Grand Canyon from another spectacular viewing point. We then decided to look for some glow worms. After some reading we discovered that it's not the peak glow worm season but walked into Cataract falls at dusk and waited until dark. We did see a few glow worms once dark enough then had to walk out in the dark. ( no wrong turns for us).
    Read more