Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Great Ocean Road

    September 22, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    Cousin day! The original Hailstorm!!!

    Met up with my cousin Storm and her partner Xavier and started our journey down the Great Ocean Road. With a stop off to get the essentials for the drive, the adventures did commence.

    Cheezels ✔
    Milo Bars✔

    The drive was long but there were many stop offs along the way. First stop was to view the Canola fields in Werribee. After a quick stop off for a photo op, we continued on our way. Next stop was a cute little town called Anglesea, this is where Storm and I proved how grown up we are and we played on the swings... (sensing a theme here?)

    Next stop... a town called Lorne. Here they have an award winning ice cream shop called Dooley's along with the title of cleanest street in 1997.

    Vegemite ice cream✔

    Consensus..... peculiar. Not unpleasant but also not enjoyable. Basically a failure to achieve the salty and sweet situation.

    The long and winding road did not disappoint with many unfolding views if gorgeous bays and blue skies, and plenty of little beaches to stop off on the way. My favorite by far was Sheoak Falls. A short walk through a somewhat forested area led us to this gorgeous little clearing.

    The remainder of the drive was though the Great Otway National Park. If you ever have a chance to do it. DO IT! You will not be disappointed.

    We made our way to our accommodation which we managed to score through my cousin and her amazing photography connections and talent. We dropped off our bags and food and got ready for our next adventure...
    Read more