Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Chasing waterfalls

    October 11, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Another early day go get on a bus for yet another adventure. This one I would highly recommend. It is called Barefoot Tours.

    First stop was Lake Eacham, it was pretty, but nothing special. I didn't go swimming as it was a little early and I just wasn't feeling it. We had morning tea and then headed to Milla Milla Falls. For those of you who don't know this falls, it is the home of the hair flip shampoo commercial. The water was a little cold but once you were in it was amazing and you could swim up to the falls and go behind it. It was pretty incredible.

    Next stop, Josephine Falls, home of the natural water slide. Definitely my favorite stop of the day. Lorrain and I had tons of fun sliding down the rock and just hanging out in the water. Beautiful clear water. Pretty indescribable.

    Next we went off to Devils pools and Babinda Boulders. There is a really interesting legend here about a you g aboriginal girl who was meant to marry the chief but fell in love with a warrior from another tribe. They decided to run off together, but we're caught. He was published and she was taken back to marry the chief. She then threw herself into the pools and killed herself. Over the years quite a few people have died there, mostly young men. They say it is her spirit that lures them there. I think it's just young men being young men. Then the last swimming spot for a quick dip. Some of the boys were jumping off the rock.

    Back in the bus for the drive back and some Timtams. Yum:)

    We got back to Cairns, do I went back to get all packed and then went to meet Lauren and Lorrain for dinner. Good old Gilligans again. But delicious steak. We then played a game that was a version of Family Feud, you can only imagine how that went. Lauren went to bed so Lorrain and went for a walk for one last drink down to the Pier bar. Got myself a legit Pina Colada. Which is hilarious because we were talking about those that day.

    Now for yet another fun coincidence of the trip. I was telling Lorrain a story of an Asian girl who was yelling at the Jet ski tour on the phone while I was in Airlie. And she said the story sounded familiar. Turns out... She was on the other side of this girl!! We had already crossed paths on our trip. Crazy!! This whole trip had been coincidences and timing things, it's been quite cool.

    👣's: 14853 - 10.87 km
    Read more