Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Playa Costeno / Tayrona Park

    March 27, 2022 in Colombia ⋅ 🌧 27 °C

    After breakfast we took moto taxis to the back entry of the great great nature reservatory of Tayrona, because we heared its better to start from there to have the harder walking part first.
    So we started the four hour tour through the jungle to the first beach spot were we had the possibilty to sleep in hammocks. We had lunch there, it was only 3/4 pm and we had enough power to continue 2.5 hours to the next spot were we could have slept in a tent on the beach.
    The map we had was a joke. After an hour we came to a split path with no shield or direction. We pulled up the compass compared, discussed and made our decission to the right. Wrong decision.
    It started to get dark and there was still nothing but deep forrest around us when we started becoming a bit nervous.
    The jungle noices started to become louder and louder and there was one significant and ongoing roar, wich we thought is a Jaguar, because we saw many signs with "here lives the Jaguar" and so on.
    After ~2 more hours walk in darkness we found a tiny eco hostel were we found refuge. It was a local family, wich gave us two tents with mattrasses and even cooked a dinner for us. We played with the three sons a colombian game were you try to hit into a frogs mouth with metal rings and had a great sleep surrounded by the jungle symphony.

    We found out that we walked in a circle and almost been back to were we started 😅 great indiana Jones skills! The roaring was no jaguar but the scream monkeys. Still it was jaguar territory, though they are very shy and don't show off often.

    We woke up at 6 in the morning, the mother made us breakfast and we had almost the whole 7 hour hike ahead.
    Here is to say that last week the universe tested my patience because also my shoes got stolen in a hostel in Palomino, so I walked the most barefoot and the steeper paths with my flip flops. Everybody here thinks flip flop is such a funny word, also nobody else than the germans use. Great exercise for my foot 🦵!

    After half the way we finally came to the main beach were suddenly hundreds of people were chilling. We had lunch there and continued the way until we found a private beach were we had some rest and also tried the drone of Jonas! Great footage will come soon :)

    From there 5 different beaches in 15min distances were following. The most beaches there you weren't allowed to swim because the waves and current are too strong and many people already have drowned there. One playa was called piscina (pool) because it was surrounded by rocks wich broke the waves. There we could easily swim a bit.

    It became dark again at 6pm and we still haven't seen the exit, but didn't wanted to stay another night in the park. Finally we found some guys on motorcycles wich drove us back to civilization and our hostel.

    I enjoyed this bohemian beach hostel that much I extended two more nights. The days were perfect: beach, football, volleyball, ping pong and good company = happy phone- and shoeless Nino 🥰
    Read more