Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Ecstatic Mazunte

    May 22, 2022 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    David, a german guy I met at Casa Punta Hostel booked a 4bedroom apartment in Mazunte for 5 days and asked me if I wanted to join for a few nights. I already visited Mazunte once, loved it + there was an Event ongoing "ecstatic dance Sunday" wich a friend recommended strongly.

    Kasper and Vitalij i met in Palomino, Colombia where also in Oaxaca so they also joined for the Mazunte trip. Kasper and me where in contact, when he decided to join our community living in Puerto Escondido.
    Vitalij who also was part of the Palomino crew was per accident also in Puerto, what we realized when David and me sent him a selfie as we found out he's our one common friend on Instagram.

    We had this sweet apartment right in the middle of the center, wich is exactly one very cute street with restaurants and street souvenirs.

    The ecstatic dance Sunday was soo good. No phones were allowed, no Alkohol, no talking on the dance floor.
    Imagine everybody (~100 people) dancing like nobody's watching or judging.
    The dancefloor was under palmtrees and the DJ booth had a water sprinkler on top wich randomly spreaded water where everybody came together to cool down from the 32 degrees.
    There was a pool were water therapies were given. A twerk workshop in the beginning to brake all restraint. Kids running around, many people were just naked... A complete different vibe.
    We danced, from 2 to 7 pm with some food or cacao breaks, when the the singing mediation rounded up the whole day.
    All the people were sitting in a circle around a guy wich lead the mediation with singing different tones and connecting ourselves to ourselves, our parents and ancestors. Pure magic.

    We highjacked the next day to a nudist beach were we were laying all day under palmtrees and skinny dipped into the water.
    Mangotrees with sweet fruits everywhere. Breathtaking sunsets, soccer and yoga on the beach, bumpy busrides and sweet returning to the "Limbo community" in Puerto where Vitalij also could join.

    In the meantime Chelsey from the yoga training also arrived at Limbo 😃
    She was supposed to fly with me from Cancun when she lost her Passport AFTER security control and therefore couldn't enter the plane.

    Kasper showed me the HUJI App wich shoots analog-like pictures and brought back my passion pure shooting fotos.
    Read more