Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Greensboro North Carolina

    June 10, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    We started the road trip at 5 in the morning to be at our hotel on Thursday evening, so we could enjoy the spa area.

    I have to admit that I completely slept the way out of Florida and then slowly woke up in Georgia were the landscape changed into Germany like forrest's. Also the cars weren't that big anymore :)
    Mikaela packed a huge bag full of snacks for the ride and for full American experience I cannot leave these candies and chips next to me uneaten, right?

    We had 3 games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The winners would play in the national finals in Seattle.
    Unfortunately we lost all our games, but still won in experience 😊
    It was still a great time for the whole team including their parents, being this whole weekend together at this beautiful hotel spending quality time as a team. I indeed got the honor to give the girls yoga sessions after the game at this amazing grass field under the moonlight.
    At first they were giggling around, but then got more into it and could actually relax their minds and bodies in the end.

    After the final game we got invited to the team dinner at a Italian restaurant where we were around 40 persons with players, parents and some friends. A beautiful night wich also ended coach Julians era for this team, since he switches clubs next season.

    On our way home we made a stop at Duke University wich is one of the leading colleges in Football and Basketball. They have gigantic stadiums there for there students and everything looks a bit like Hogwarts 🦉
    Read more