Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Vegas

    August 14, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Two nigjts in a great apartment in Vegas, and we were able to recharge a little after our hectic schedule.

    The first night we headed to the Rio resort to see Penn & Teller. They were great, as expected. Dinner was late, after the show...and filling as always.

    The next day, we had a very relaxed morning, then headed for The Stratosphere to go up the tower for some good views of this big city. We were going to walk the strip, but at 41°C, it was just too hot! We did a little select stops, and I've never seen the fountain at the Bellagio so deserted - it was just too hot to stand in the sun.

    We wandered througj a few casinos, picked up some Mets sock for Ben, and heafed back to the apartment, to make ourselves beautiful for dinner and a show.

    We headed out to the M resort for what was billed as the best buffet in Vegas. It is very popular and we had to queue for half an hour to get in. Wow, the food was plentiful and varied. It was seafood night, and i was astonished at the volume of crab that was served and consumed!

    After dinner, we heafed back to the Mandalay Bay to go to see a Cirque du Soleil show, Michael Jackson's One. What an amazing tribute. The show was fabulous, and i highly recommend it if you get to Vegas.

    Today we leave Vegas, heading back to LA to start our trip to Alaska, via Seattle.

    Stay tuned! I'll post some more pics later...
    Read more