Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Stanley Park, Vancouver

    August 28, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    On disembarking, we encountered the least efficient rental car operation we have ever come across. 2 hours of waiting, two agents, extremely slow. Ugh! Eventually, we got our vehicle. We ordered a 4WD, expecting a Jeep or similar to what extent have at home. No, they offered a RAV4 equivalent, not much good for three big adults and lots for luggage. Eventually, they recognised the problem, and gave us a "mini-an" -it was a Dodge Caravan Crew, a seven seater people mover. At least every could get our luggage in.

    We took a drive to Stanley Park,as when we returned, we would not have a car, so it was easier. The dy was glorious, and so much warmer than we had for the previous ten dys or so. We drove to an area of Totem poles, there were mny of different styles and clans. We went to a lookout for Lion's Gate Bridge, and caught a pic of a prop plane as it flew over.

    From there we headed out of town, through the Downtown East section, a bit of a seedy area of homelessness, drugs and prostitution - a little disconcerting.

    we had a long drive ahead of us, and made a few stops on the way...more to follow...
    Read more