Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    Whister bound

    August 31, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Today we left Alberta, and headed back into British Colombia for Whistler. First stop was a great bakery in Jasper for breakfast and coffee, before hitting the road. It's a long hike, so stay tuned for pics!

    EDIT: we arrived in Whistler, and first glance: we are definitely coming back to ski here! We had a fabulous suite in the Pan Pacific right in the Village Centre. There are gondolas straight line from the village to both Whistler base and Blackcomb, with Peak to Peak gondolas between the two.

    Right now, the place is hopping with mountain bikers, and hikers. The village is really cool. I know our kids would love it there. Sooooo many Aussies are working in the Rockies, especially Lake Louise, Banff and here in Whistler. We spoke to a girl from Queenstown NZ, who said Whistler is the place to come if you want to meet an Aussie.

    The following morning, Cathy & I walked to The Lost Lake, and circumnavigated it...a few kms to start the day. It is actually a cross-country ski route, with a big still lake in the centre. In summer, it is a swimming hole with pontoons, I imagine in Winter, it freezes over for skating...
    Read more