Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Return to Vancouver

    September 5, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Today we crossed the border from Bellingham to Vancouver, a distance of only 54 miles. The border crossing is only about 25 miles from Bellingham, so it was again good to be back in metric!!!

    We drove straight to our hotel, as we needed to stow our cases to return our hire car, so we didn't have to lug them back. Very fortunately, our room was ready at 10:30 am, so we were able to have them safe in our room.

    We then did a big hike around Vancouver. It was very hazy today, so useless going up in the tower. Wewanderedaround the city, and walked to Granville Island, where some great public markets are held. They havE fantastic fresh food, and we bought a box of beautiful fresh berries of all types, and had chowder while sitting listening to street performers play.

    We caught a tiny water taxi from Granville Island, to Yuletide. The BC Stadium is here, and we wandered around iT before heading back to our hotel, where Cathy is napping, and Paul and I readying our luggage for the bigjourney home.

    Our flight is not until tomorrow evening, so we will stow our bags and get a day travel pass and see what we can see...
    Read more