Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Puerto Natales

    April 4, 2023 in Chile ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Bus from Punta Arenas, stayed at a tiny hostel for 3 days to plan and ready for the W Trek in Torres del Paine.

    Day 1:
    Walked through the town and along the beach. Kinda small, fairly pretty, touristy, a bit expensive. Statue of a Mylodon because I guess there was a lot of skeletons from the ice age found nearby.

    Tag 2:
    Planned a bit, didn’t do much.

    Tag 3:
    Was here an extra day because it was only possible to book the cheap campsites for April 7th to 11th for hiking. But actually had a really nice day. Went to breakfast with Vi and Will from the hostel. French girl and American guy, they are cool! Will is a funky guy, he’s taking the ferry to the southernmost town in the world, on a little island. Just because I guess! Then we went to the cave of the Milodon, a big cave nearby where they found a lot of fossils from the last ice age of milodons (giant sloths), sabre tooth tigers etc. it was cool! And a nice hike along the hill to a view point and another little cave and some big rocks to climb on. Beautiful views, actually reminded me a lot of the Yukon landscape.
    Then chill a bit and pack gear ready for hiking tomorrow in Torres del Paine! Evening in the hostel was super nice actually. There was a guitar so Will played a bit (he used to be in an Avril Lavigne cover band!!) , and it turns out Violette is a super good singer! So it was a hostel singalong evening, which would normally be kinda cheesy, but it was actually really nice! Haha. I was too shy to play.. 🤔
    Read more