Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Other bits from Bayona

    August 27, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    We do our usual chores while in Bayona included Laundry and provisioning. We love all the fresh produce available in Spain, especially their pimentos de Padron. We buy all of the fruit and veg in the photo for €7.50.
    Régal is decked out beautifully for a day with our washed clothes and linen.
    I replace the accumulator tank and insist my photo be taken to mark my plumbing achievement. I didn’t know what an accumulator was four weeks ago but now know them intimately. It stopped working on passage from France to Spain which meant that anytime we turned a tap on the water pump ran constantly. It took a long time to figure all this out but as many a wise person has said - Google and Youtube are great!
    We visit a replica ship of the ‘Pinta’ - the first boat to return to Europe with news that Christopher Columbus has discovered America and it landed right here in Bayona.
    We meet a lovely Irish couple, Anne and Brendan who have kept their boat in Viana de Castillo in Portugal for over a decade. Another Irish crew we met is bringing their boat to the Canaries. We see several boats here flying their ARC flag who are on their way to the Canaries for the trip across the Atlantic.
    There are many different nationalities on the marina but in the town the tourists and visitors are Spanish. This is what we experienced throughout Galicia but Bayona definitely attracts the more glamorous type.
    On our final night we go to anchor in the bay and the sound of a nearby concert travels across the water to us. Fun at first but not so much went we are trying to get some sleep before our early start and long passage tomorrow.
    Read more