Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 150

    Sierra Nevada

    December 8, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 5 °C

    The local car rental offer a great service of dropping and collecting the car at the marina. We always get the same blue Fiat - it may be their only car. It’s nice because at this stage it feels like our car.
    We drive just over 3 1/2 hours to the Sierra Nevada Ski resort which is just up the mountain from Granada city.
    The Ski village is on a steep p hill and we are staying in Alta, the highest part. This adds to the adventure because in order to get to the low part of town, where the lifts to the slopes are, we travel down in a chair lift over the rooftops and roads.
    Ruby and I have skied before, Ronan once many years ago and Colm never. After one day Colm is hooked. While the rest of us are very enthusiastic we can’t match Colm. When we wearily sit down for lunch after three hours on the slopes, Colm shoots back up within minutes ready to go again. This energy pays off and after a few lessons he out in front craving it up. By the last day he and Ruby head off down a long blue slope on their own - it is so lovely to watch them weaving their way down the mountain together.
    Read more