Satellite
  • Day 319

    Caught in Porto Colom

    May 26, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    I Colm, hath written this blogo.

    We pick up a mooring bouy in the harbour of Porto Colom because the weather is going to be stormy for the next few days.
    Rain wind ,thunder and lightning arrive overnight.
    I awake early the next morning to find I have two wet legs.
    " Oops" I think " I must have spilled something". I check around my cabin and discover the problem.
    Unbeknownst to me , Mum opened my window last night and forgot to close it after she had watching 'Succession'.
    Dad and I dry up my bedroom.
    Later when we are just about to take a lift into town on the marina rib , Mom notices that my shoes are wet.
    It turns out a lot more water than we thought came in through the window. Most of it disappeared down the back of my wardrobe into the floor cupboards and bilges.
    We dry up using cloths and Dad's secret bilge cleaning weapons - nappies.
    After half of hour we finish the drying and go into town.

    The next day is wet and windy again so Ruby and I set up our Lego for the first time in months .
    We have a great afternoon playing lego while listening to the very funny autobiography of Bob Mortimer, which I highly recommend.
    I make a Lego gun that can actually shoots stuff.

    The next day we call the marina rib to bring us back into my town (Porto Colom)
    We are going to meet my cousin May and her boyfriend Shamie who are on holidays here in a nearby town.
    We put a wash on in the Lavandaría and go to a nice cafe.
    After a few minutes I see the young couple drive past in a mini.
    I chase them and in 200 metres I catch up with them and I tap on the window.
    They are suprised to see me and they follow me in the car to the Café.
    We have a nice chat and then they go off on a roadtrip adventure.

    Later that day we a go on a walk to the lighthouse. The path is very nice and it is a roasting day.
    We have a picnic ( three oranges) and then start to walk home.
    On the way back to the port we spot a nice restaurant and have an absolutely spiffing meal.
    We collect the laundry , do the shopping and finally go home to bed.
    Read more