Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Cycling through central park

    October 21, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    It was the first morning we kind of slept in and got used to the time zone. We grabbed some coffee and breakfast at the supermarket/foodmarket and hopped on the subway too Central Park. We are our breakfast at a bench and discussing whether we wanted to hire some bikes to go through Central Park.

    We found a ‘cheap’ one near Central Park and made our way over there. At 11:30 am we were biking through New York City. But jeez that’s something else then biking here in the Netherlands. We had to go through a bit of city before going in to Central Park. But that was THE scariest bike moment of my life. We had to go through a roundabout but there weren’t any biking lanes. So that was a disaster and a dangerous experience.

    After we found our way in Central Park it was pretty easy and nice. Its all one way. The views were stunning and amazing. It was fall but not every tree was completely colorful. But I think that made it super nice. It was also still pretty hot.

    We took a LOT of pictures and stopped for a hotdog and coffee.

    It was a lot of biking but it was fun. When we returned the bikes (2:30 something ish) we grabbed something to eat again (I think McDonald but I really don’t remember).
    Read more