Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    First serious full ski run

    January 1, 2019 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ -4 °C

    Yesterday Katrin told lochie he was ready for a full ski run from the big chairlift. So first thing this morning lochie was practising his parallel turns on the t-bar run so he was ready whenever Katrin was free to take him. Philipp decided that will and Vern were ready also. After lunch they all took the t-bar then had to ski down a fairly steep section to the 4 person chairlift (the Fiesch chairlift). Then up they went almost to the top of the Eggishorn! I have included the map so you can see where the went.

    From there they made their way down following behind Katrin one at a time. Turning when Katrin did and loving every minute of it. They came down the blue run 74 and joined the 75 then back onto the trainer run. Katrin and the boys left Vern and Philipp behind cause they were slower so when they got to the bottom Vern and Philipp were nowhere to be seen. They did catch up with them on the second run and all arrived together! Yes I do think Lochie’s skiing ability has surpassed Vern’s now. Quite an achievement after only 3 days.

    And again we had picture perfect weather!
    Read more