Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Sydney Airport

    October 3, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    After months of planning, a few hiccups along the way, plus a heap of work to do, we are finally on our way to Ireland.

    Bathroom renovations, work to be done before Robyn takes off Term 4 with LSL, and an increase in tuning work have meant that we worked up until the last possible minute. In fact, Richard and I finished installing the shower screen around lunchtime on Tuesday, and with someone house sitting for us, this was an essential item!

    All this last minute rush was not helped by receiving letters from NAB on Monday asking for more information on the disputed credit card transactions relating to the collapse of the Irish travel agency we were using! They required the info by October 10 so I had to trawl through emails and bank statements over many months to ensure that I had everything that they might require. I finished at 8 pm last night and we posted a huge pack of info this morning at the airport.

    In order to ensure that we were at Sydney Airport in plenty of time for our 3 pm flight for Doha we took the 6.30 am flight from Armidale. Our flight was due to land in Dublin at approximately 7.30 am local time, a long haul in anybody’s language.
    Read more