Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Cape Town, new city-new friends

    January 23 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    As per usual, we started off with a walking tour upon arriving to Cape Town so that we can get to know the city and its history quick & dirty. Unfortunately our tour guide was a bit too knowledgable and didn’t have the best story-telling skills but it was a nice intro to the city anyway. In short: loads of history and past & current social and economical struggles. Two fun stories for the day.
    1. On our first night I was swiping through instagram when I saw that a lovely friend of mine who was already featured in the South-Central America trip Penguins edition as I know her from Puerto Escondido is renting out her room for a few weeks back in Amsterdam, so I texted her jokily if she’s in South Africa. Well, guess what, yepppp. So we met Maartje in Cape Town, and we’ll be making memories together with her too - what a small world. ✨🌏
    2. After watching the sunset, we decided to check out one of the 100+ spots I pinned in South Africa for dinner. Not only the food and cocktails were excellent in Tjing Tjing, we escaped to the rooftop area from the heat where some kind strangers offered us a spot at their table. Well, these kind strangers turned out to be local “celebrities” too, we seem to attract the cream of people over here 😂 Reyno, the crazily impressive PR smile, is a Royal Genie who is the face of the most luxurious yachts of the world and introduced them when the ride for the first time. Nina co-owns a super cool restaurant called Black Sheep and a bar, Dark Horse. And Andro is a very popular and much appreciated private pedetrican. Turns out, Reyno was in town and they were having their reunion as being brothers and sisters, and got so excited to meet us that we agreed to have a little roadtrip tomorrow to meet the penguins and maybe make our way until Cape Point, the most southwestern part of the world. 🤩 Unbelievable!!!
    Read more