Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    REIMS here we come!

    September 11, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    WOO HOO CHAMPAGNE COUNTRY HERE WE COME….
    Early French breakfast today and off to the train station. Our lives were in the hands of the Uber driver, and man did he work at trying to keep us alive. Traffic galore, horns a beeping, cursing going on all over the place. Almost as bad as the Arc de Triumph roundabout!!!
    We arrived at Gare de L’est and had a leisurely drink before running to find where the hell we get on the train…the platform number only came up 1 sec before we had to get on….humped 4 large bags + 3 carryon’s onto the train, and found our lush seats…. Loulou got into conversation with her fellow passenger and found out she can go from Reims straight to Charles De Gualle airport when we leave here so happy chappy she is. Her parlez vous Francais is very handy to have…I have google translate 😆 for when she is no longer travelling with us…see how that goes shall we!
    Arrived in a very timely fashion to Reims train station and waited while Loulou changed yet another ticket 😵‍💫 she had purchased…
    Got a taxi, pissed a taxi driver off in the meantime so gave him 💶 10 and that shut him up. Mind you the nutty woman who drove us, kept going on like a mad chook in french and I’m sitting in the front seat and shrugging my shoulders furiously cos I don’t know what the hell she is asking for 🥴. Arrived at our accommodation, its is fantastico…4 large bedrooms, large living room kitchen and dining, 2 bathrooms, one toilet though which with 5 women could be a challenge. One little problem….. the goddamn air-conditioning isn’t going… apparently it broke after the last people. FM! So we have contacted the man and he has bought more fans. Loulou has had a go at him when he bought them around, and was very vehement that we haven’t got what we paid for., so he needs to come to the party on compensation.
    Believe it or not we had sushi for lunch, and they ran out of rose after we had one bottle! so off to the supermarket to do a stock up. Loulou found a great deal on local Champagne, and buy one get 50% off the other bottle. Quite a nice drop too.
    Decided to have a ‘at home’ platters and wine instead of going out for dinner. and I was on washing duty.
    PS the owner dropped off 2 fans, and 2 brand new air condition units (free standing).
    Beth and I had to do another wine and food run to the local Mono Prix for supplies…
    End of a great day, looking forward to tomorrow
    Read more