Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    What a day and what a great night

    October 6, 2023 in England ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    Four sleeps to go, so best to make the most of it huh!
    Beth and Kelly went off to get the trench coat Beth has been looking for and which was spotted yesterday. Susie and I had a lovely coffee and croissant at the coffee shop in our driveway…wish I had one on mine….
    Then popped onto a bus no26 the City Mapper said, and off we went looking for the Tate Modern. Got off at the right bus stop, and google maps tried to trick me…but we sussed it out. A short walk and then over the Thames on the bridge, down some steps around the corner and there is was. Now there had also been talk of going to OXO for cocktails on the terrace but Mr google had said it was an hour from the Tate Modern so Susie thought her memory must be going cos she was sure it was just next door!!!! However….as we walked along the bridge I was looking all around and said to Susie…is that tower a clock or does it say OXO. Yes, yes thats it, you can see St Paul’s Cathedral from the terrace! YAY…might have to pop up there for lunch.
    We let Beth know where we were as she was joining us later, so we went into Tate Modern. Amazing space with lots to see. Decided to look at the ‘free’ exhibition first and it was quite interesting. The Otherworld photography exhibition we would wait for Beth before we went in, and she was on her way. She had got on the no 26 as instructed, got off at the correct stop, but due to her crook knee I suggested a Black Cab to bring her to the door. Duly got the thumbs up she was in the cab…and could you take a pic of me getting out please Di…sure thing. Up the ramp I walked out to the front and waited. Now I thought a video would be good…and yep I videoed 3 black cabs arriving and no Beth wasn’t in any of them! But at last she arrived and did a great photo shoot.
    We then all went and looked at the exhibition, you had to pay to view, but I said to the guy, i am an old person do I get a discount…he said oh yes you do..so we all got the pensioners rates!
    I’m not really an art buff, but it was interesting, some of it quite confronting, some of it just weird. But each to their own.
    That job done, we were off to the OXO bar… and it was just amazing. We all had a cocktail, Beth -Pornstar Martini, Susie - Regular Margarita, and I had the 8th Floor Smash. Trouble was Susie quite liked the Pornstar, and quite a few ‘tastes’ was had. Finally they just swapped. Beth and I had another cocktail each, I tried a new one I think called Bombay Rain, and Beth had a Margarita. We were all VERY happy, giggly and had fun. Small lunch was delicious.
    Decided catching a Black Cab home was the best option and a quick rest before makeup lights and action, to get back to the Theatre district for dinner and drinks before our Tina Turner Musical. Lulu has rejoined us for the show as well so good to catch up on her shenanigans all over the place. We saw Gino’s restaurant on our way to dinner so couldn’t resist a pic.
    Wow wow wow, could not recommend seeing this musical enough. It was just fantastic. A very real portrayal of her life, no holds barred. Instructions were to not sing and to remain in your seat…was very difficult to do. Such amazing voices. Very talented people.
    A really great way to end the day.
    Read more