Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Cruisey day and great sights

    October 8, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    Today we organised a ride on the Toots HoHo bus plus the river cruise. So off we trotted, Susie, Beth and I but first a stop to see the famous Columbia Road Flower Markets and weren’t we just a tad upset that we couldn’t buy any…
    Wow these flower markets are amazing, great plants and spectacular flowers available. Didn’t need a map, just had to follow our noses and eyes, everyone coming our way with bunches of flowers in their arms. The girls found a few bits and bobs to purchase tho, and as it is literally around the corner from our apartment, we popped back to drop them off before we left for our adventure. Kelly was off to have brunch and an early dinner with different friends and relatives so her day was full.
    Caught the No 26 to St Pauls Cathedral and sought out the Hoho pickup point. Really lovely bus driver, made sure all knew which route we were on, and yes we could change to the other if we chose. We decided to get off at London Tower Bridge and hop onto the river cruise and go all the way to Westminister drop off. Really great option to do and the crew were fabulous giving us the tour highlights and explaining about the Thames. Never knew it was tidal and that it drops up to 7 metres daily…
    Decided Houses of Parliament and Big Ben were an opportunity for lunch so ducked into a pub, and I finally got a pie. It was delicious. Fish and chips for Susie and a chicken salad for Beth, not so good Rose today tho.
    Back on the Hoho and this time the Blue line, but in retrospect should of stayed on the Yellow Line 🥴
    We gave up after another hour and grabbed a Black cab to Oxford Street, me to M & S to get supplies for brekkie tomorrow and the girls to shop for last minute purchases for their grandies.
    I day to go
    Read more