Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 61

    Happy 8th Birthday Lachlan

    March 17, 2021 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    At the end of the day, Lachlan said “I don’t think I have sat down all day”.

    He had a great day celebrating his 8th birthday at Perlubie Beach. It started off with opening a few presents and a pancake bar. Then we packed up the tinny and headed over to the island across the beach from our camp for the afternoon.

    Lachlan packed his car boat and snorkel, he explored the island and swam the afternoon away. He then went out and was a spotter when dad and Clay went down to get razor clams. He is very keen to have a go at diving down and collecting the razor clams himself.

    We headed back to the caravan for the party food and games. We played pass the parcel, had a piñata, jumping sack races and played Molkky before cutting the cake and finishing the night off with some sparklers. We were all pooped.

    We all snuggled up in bed together and watched a movie, the best way to finish off a night.

    Not many kids get to spend a birthday camped on the beach. We were also pretty nice and gave him the day off school, something that would not normally happen back home.
    Read more