Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Exploring Perth

    January 8, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Another big day, up at 4.30am to explore the big smoke.

    Another activity we missed out on last time we were in Perth, due to the covid lock down, the Perth Explore Double Decker Bus.

    What a great way to see the city, even if it is a tad scary. We wanted to make sure we got the top deck, so we got into the city early, had a delicious breakfast and got to the bus stop in plenty of time to find out we were the only ones on the bus 😂😂.

    After a tour of the city it was time for lunch, Brax had been bugging us for sushi, so sushi it was. Everyone was super excited when we found a sushi train! What an experience, everyone stuffed themselves.

    After lunch we headed to the Perth Mint for a tour. We even got to watch first hand, molten gold be poured into a gold bar.

    We had public transport passes for the day so we decided to jump on a ferry for an evening ride. Mel and I had been wanting to see the Water Maze Fountain, so we looked them up and made our way there, unfortunately they get turned off at 5pm ☹️, and we didn’t know so we missed out! Brett and Joel thought it was funny to film our disappointed faces when we arrived and realised what had happened!

    After numerous walks, runs, buses, trains and ferry rides, it was time to head back to the van, we got back at 9.30pm making for a very long day, but it was worth it. It was actually very quite in town and everything was very accessible making the day very easy and enjoyable.
    Read more