Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 140

    Mum and Dad meet the Sea Lions of Baird

    May 20, 2022 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    Today, we got to take mum and dad to one of our favourite places in Australia, Baird Bay. To do one of our favourite activities, swim with the sea lions.

    We pulled up and were worried the sea lions had moved somewhere warmer for the winter, because at first we could not see any, we all started to get a bit worried. Then we spotted two playing in the shallows, phew! we made our way over. Mum was the first in, it did not take long for to more came to play, she was surrounded by at least six, including a big male. Dad was quick on mum’s tail getting some footage on their go pro.

    After about 45min of sea lion fun we were all freezing 🥶.

    The kids wanted to film Nan getting back in the boat, but we’re not allowed 😂😂.

    It was time to get changed and sit in the sun for a while.

    Once we defrosted, it was time for part 2 of Brett’s Adventures. The boat tour was now headed over to look for dolphins. We found them, another magical moment, there was so many, at least 80 maybe more, jumping, feeding and playing. Lachlan kept calling out and pointing out all the babies. The dolphins especially liked it when Brett speed the boat up and raced them.

    I am so glad we ( the car) finally made it here to take mum and dad out to the sea lions and dolphins.

    Another successful Brett’s Adventure.

    Video to come, fixing the car has taken priority over all video making at this current stage 😕.
    Read more