Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 160

    Alice Spring

    June 9, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    We arrived in Alice Springs in preparation for the Finkie Desert Race.

    We got a spot at the showground no worries, but getting a parking spot in town to do the shopping, now that was a different story. There was people everywhere, the shops were just chockers. On the positive side, we found a sushi train 🤗😂.

    It has been freezing (1 to 2 degrees in the mornings) and our first night here the diesel heater decided to stop working! I thought I was going to freeze to death! Luckily, Brett is very handy and spent the day fixing it and had it going again that afternoon.

    Lucky mum and dad got their diesel heater installed by Brett while we were here too. Now they can stop using their oven to heat their van 😂.

    After the Finke, we came back the the show ground, a few very busy days. Brett got sick and then it was time to fix and install a few things in the van. The boys got chargers in their beds and iPad holders ( now we will never see them!)The exhausts fans in the bathrooms got fixed and cleaned ( no more smelling Lachlan’s poos), water bladder got installed, car tyre fixed, changed the fuel filters, fixed stabilisers, put new struts on mum and dad’s bed, Brett cleaned his bedroom and I got the shopping done. So then Brett he wanted to do something fun, it was time for a Brett’s adventure!

    There was a mountain across from the Showground that he wanted to climb so off we went ( the kids bailed). We made it up the side easy, with beautiful views of Alice Springs. Then we found a gravel road, we followed this down as it was getting dark, it was very steep and was about 3km long. Half way down it became fenced in, Brett then said he thinks there will be a gate at the bottom 😩. I did not want to walk back up the steep hill and it was getting dark! I was being hopeful. We got to the bottom and sure enough we were stuck, a gate and a tall fence with barb wire. I said “I can fit!” And I squeezed through, then I made Brett squeeze through, I was not going back up that mountain and down the other side! Brett and his adventures 😒😂😂.
    Read more