Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Gjipe Beach and Canyon, Albanian Riviera

    October 30, 2023 in Albania ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    By far the best beach in Albania we saw! The car park is about 1.5km from the beach. You start by walking along the coast and reach a beautiful sandy stretch. On the southeast side, there is an amazing canyon.

    We placed our towels on the beach and enjoyed the sun while having lunch. Then went and explored the canyon. Famous for the rock climbing opportunities, there were a few groups of climbers set up in the canyon and also on the headland above the water. With a campsite and a few bars, I’d expect this is the perfect spot to be in summer for a weekend trip.

    This was basically our last feature destination of Albania. From here we backtracked to Vlore to drop the car off and catch a bus back to Tirana. We had another 2 nights in Tirana to catch up on some admin and try to consolidate before moving on to the next chapter of the trip.

    What an amazing destination! Albania had exceeded our expectations. I will definitely not be surprised if we end up back here with a 4WD camper sometime in the future.

    Anyway, the next Chapter awaits... Turkey!
    Read more