Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9–11

    Weekend of Snowboarding!! Borovets

    December 9, 2023 in Bulgaria ⋅ ☀️ -1 °C

    The information we had was that the resort would be running the gondola on the Saturday and Sunday. Yet there was no information available about whether this would allow equipment to be used on the slopes or not. By chance, the ski and board rental place below our apartment opened for the first time on the Saturday Morning. We hired Boards, Boots and Bindings and headed over to the front slopes. Expecting to be kicked off immediately by Resort staff, we ended up spending the entire day walking up a moderate slope and boarding back down. On repeat! Us, a ski school and a Snow Cat grooming the run every couple of times! Absolute magic!!

    With this trip being the 3rd time in 3 years (and 4th day in total!) that Jessie had been on a board it was the perfect chance for her to refresh the muscle memory. Amazingly she was linking turns again before lunch.

    The Sunday we got out on the front slope again for a quick warm-up and then hit the Gondola. The day was absolutely perfect blue sky and we could see almost full panorama of the mountains and valleys around us. We got to the top and strapped in for an incredible couple of runs down from top station to mid-station.

    So with that, our accidental admin week finished on a massive high. Having a resort to ourselves to cruise in perfect blue skies. Completely Unheard of! From here we're off hunting Northern lights in the deep of Winter in the land of Fire and Ice! 🇮🇸
    Read more